Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
excel template
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
I have two worksheets. One is the data sheet, the other is a form. When I run the program that populates the template, it doesn't retain the format on the form. How can I set it so that it protects the integrity of the form.

jbond007

7.61, nt
Output: excel, pdf, html,

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Did you use excel 2007 to make the template?
You need to use excel 2003.

WebFocus 7x, 8x, Win / Linux, any output format

Posts: 70 | Location: reading, pa | Registered: April 07, 2007Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
I am using excel 2003. There has to be a way to keep the formatting intact.

7.61, nt

Master
posted Hide Post
Is you Webfocus report being loaded into a separate sheet? If not, you are writing over your form. You specify the sheet number in your hold/pchold statement. If you are alreading doing this, try saving the workbook as format .xls.

Pat
WF 7.6.8, AIX, AS400, NT
AS400 FOCUS, AIX FOCUS,
Oracle, DB2, JDE, Lotus Notes

Posts: 755 | Location: TX | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
I have two sheets. One is where the report is (sheet 1). The other (sheet2) is where the form is. I also tried saving it as an excel, but
samething happened. What I ended up doing is creating two files. One (MHT) and the other an excel worksheet with just the form. The worksheet with the form is setting at the local drive and pointing to the data file.

7.61, nt