Focal Point
[SOLVED] PDF Drill Through Functionality on FML Report

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/3897027026

May 30, 2012, 02:17 PM
JRLewis
[SOLVED] PDF Drill Through Functionality on FML Report
Does anyone know if PDF drill through functionality works on FML reports? I have older documentation that indicates not, but I couldn't find any recent information.

I am asking this as it relates to WF 7.7.02 or above.

Thanks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JRLewis,

WebFOCUS 8
May 30, 2012, 02:30 PM
Prarie
I have a FML PDF report that has a drill down and the drill down is a regular report..if that helps you.

In Focus since 1993. WebFOCUS 7.7.03 Win 2003
Prarie,

That sounds promising - I will try it and see if I can get it to work.

Thanks!

WebFOCUS 8
I did not create these reports - but they are using a URL for the drill down

TYPE=DATA,
COLUMN=N2,
URL=http://websash.EVAL.corp.valero.com/ibi_apps/WFServlet?(IBIC_server='EDASERVE' IBIF_ex='dept_exp_dtl_layout' IBIAPP_app='sys_costcenter_exp' $
My requirement is to implement a method where the drilldown process takes you to the drilled report without going back to the server. The PDF drill through method is exactly what I am looking for, since all drilled reports are included in the PDF.

It doesn't look like the code you provided is the same. I am trying now to implement the PDF drill through method for an FML report.

WebFOCUS 8
I Think you will not get drill through to work with FML as I do not believe it has ever been supported.

the latest FML doc is for 7.7.0.2 DN4501029.1110
I believe I have a solution - thanks to a lab at Summit I attended by Kathy Kendall from IB. I will attempt to do what I need using bookmarks rather than drillthrough. I will post another response when I get a chance to work on this in the next couple of days.

WebFOCUS 8
I have been able to implement a solution using bookmarks instead of drill throughs, so I am marking this as solved.

WebFOCUS 8