Focal Point
Setting for password expiration of 30 days....

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/3901087331

May 11, 2004, 04:11 PM
webfocuspgm
Setting for password expiration of 30 days....
Can anyone tell me what to look for or what to set in order to force Managed Reporting Environment users to change their passwords after 30 days....? Is this possible....? I need to be able to enforce this for version 5.2.4.

Thanks
May 11, 2004, 08:06 PM
susannah
What a great NFR!
(new feature request)
May 12, 2004, 01:21 PM
webfocuspgm
Based on the information I was / wasn't finding..... I figured I was out of luck. I don't know about other companies but I know security and enforcing security is a major concern for us. Password expiration seems to be high on the list. I hope they follow your lead and we see it as a new feature soon.......
May 13, 2004, 01:24 AM
<Jim Thorstad - WF Product Mgt.>
Sorry, there is no password expiration feature. There is also no password complexity checking. We realize that these things have become standard in enterprise-class systems. Keep in mind that if you can integrate our signon with your existing user directory this is usually preferable to trying to keep two different user password stores in synch. Once you integrate our logons with your directory, passwords are no longer used in our basedir and your issue goes away. See Ch5 of the latest WF Security Guide for example.