Focal Point
connecting to diffrent table

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/3931096682

June 05, 2008, 03:52 PM
Navaneeth
connecting to diffrent table
Hi,

I have a few questions
1. Is it possible for webfocus to connect to two diffrent tables in two different schema?
2. should all tables be which webfocus be reffring to be in same schema?
3. Can any one of give me guidance( i am new to this) on how to set up the webfocus environment, i.e Webfocus server, webfocus client , report caster etc. On which server should these things be setup.

how to we make table accessible to webfocus

Thank you in advance

Navaneeth
June 06, 2008, 08:47 AM
PBrightwell
Boy this takes me back a few years. Yes it is possible to access files in 2 different schemas. Both need to be defined to the Focus/Webfocus job. Your retrieval may be quicker if you create a schema that contains both tables. I can't answer number 3 for you, open a case with IBI, they should be able to help you.

Pat
WF 7.6.8, AIX, AS400, NT
AS400 FOCUS, AIX FOCUS,
Oracle, DB2, JDE, Lotus Notes
June 09, 2008, 11:29 AM
Darin Lee
First, you need to update you profile so forum users can see your operating environment. Second, there are technical documents available that cover installation and configuration of all the components. Third, the fact that you would ask such a broad question as your #3 indicates that you could probably use some local technical support. I would get in touch with your local IBI office to get some help.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat
June 09, 2008, 06:01 PM
Waz
I've seen this done twice in the past.

These were all for Dev/Test/Prod environments

The first used common Master with Unique ACX files point to the connection.

The second, which we are using here (Oracle). The Master and ACX are the same, the ACX has the specific schema removed, only the table name. We then issue connect a string to "Swap" DB's / Schema's.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

June 11, 2008, 01:56 AM
arvind
waz,

Yes you are right. Thats how we are doing using three environments DEV/TEST/PROD. and using ACX Files in the metadata to point to the respective environments . We have created three folders for three environments..

Is this Navaneeth Sivakumar?? Smiler

WebFOCUS 714
Windows XP
Output: HTML,PDF,Excel