Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Default Browser in Developer Studio / CSS file location

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Default Browser in Developer Studio / CSS file location
 Login/Join

<SJJustin89>
posted
Hey everyone,

This is my first time posting, I'm new to WebFOCUS and am running into a couple issues.

I'm currently assessing a formatting problem with our Launch Pages. Users using IE have no problem viewing our pages, while Firefox users can't.

That actually ISN'T my problem, haha.

I was given our CSS file by my supervisor and in Developer Studio I have no problem linking my style sheet file from my local C:\ drive. The problem is I can't execute my launch page in Firefox from the Developer Studio. Is there a default browser property I can change?

If not, I noticed I can open my launch page from our Dashboard Website. The only problem is that I can't locally link the CSS file, it would have to be in a portion of out WebFOCUS server I don't have rights to. I attempted to link it from my personal folder on the server but no combination of the file location and new file name it gave it when I copied it there seemed to work.

Thanks!
-Steve

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Steve,

Welcome to FocalPoint. It would be very handy if you updated your Profile (click on "View/Edit Complete Profile" and then look for "(**required) Signature") to enter the WebFOCUS release and other information. This can be very important when people attempt to answer your questions.

Default Web Browser: Dev Studio cannot set the default web browser, why not use the FireFox Advanced Option "System Defaults" and temporarily set FireFox as your default browser - you can switch back to IE using IE options.

CSS file location: If you have access to a WebFOCUS Application folder, usually found in Drive:\ibi\apps you can put your CSS file in one of these app folders and then link to it in the HTML file:
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/approot/app-folder-name/css-file-name.css">

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
<SJJustin89>
posted
Unfortunately, Firefox is my default browser and it still comes up in IE.

The app folder solution did work though!

Thank you for your help, and I updated my signature.

-Steve

Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
It looks like Dev Studio is hard coded to call IE as the browser.

I've been using Firefox as my default browser for over 18 months and have not been able to get Dev Studio to open reports up in Firefox.

You can however open a launch page directly for an app folder, the default alias is approot, so try:
http://localhost:8080/approot//launch.htm (change to match your app folder's name and drop :8080 if you are also using IIS)

To open a launch page that lives in Managed Reporting is a little more complex, try something like:

http://localhost:8080/ibi_apps/WFServlet?IBIMR_action=M...titled/untitled.htm&

You'll have to work out the "real" name for the folder, domain and launch page by right clicking and selecting properties in Dev Studio

Cheers

Stu

WebFOCUS 8.2.03 (8.2.06 in testing)

Posts: 253 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Since you usually want your HTML to be validated in multiple browsers, test with IE in devstudio and keep a BID session up in firefox. Once IE looks good, do a SAVE, and then launch the report from your firefox session.

Brian Suter
VP WebFOCUS Product Development

Posts: 200 | Location: NYC | Registered: January 02, 2007Report This Post