Focal Point
[CLOSED] Schedule Inline Email Compound Document

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/3987086096

August 15, 2018, 11:29 AM
cheil
[CLOSED] Schedule Inline Email Compound Document
Hello,

I am working on a compound document (DHTML format) that is set up to be run by a schedule to an email inline message. The images on the document are not displaying in the email, but they show up when I run the document itself. I have tried saving the images as .jpeg, .png, and .gif formats.

Version: 8201 and developed document through App Studio

I appreciate any help on this issue.

Thank You

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs
August 15, 2018, 11:42 AM
BabakNYC
Where are the images located? Are they in the App directory where Scheduler can find them?

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows
August 15, 2018, 11:44 AM
Tony A
Providing the device being used to display the report in the browser has network access, then search 0n BASEURL.

If you right click on the broken image symbol you will see the URL being used to locate the (missing) image.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 
August 19, 2018, 09:39 PM
TobyMills
It makes me wonder if you could work out forcing the image to be a part of the email.

Image support in Compound Report syntax

I was thinking about the HTMLEMBEDIMG or HTMLARCHIVE when I first saw your post.

I notice they say the image has to reside on the reporting server in the APPPATH usually. It also says you could supply the full name.

The first guess I had was that you might have emailed a report to your personal email, looked at it on your PC and discovered you were not connected to your VPN so the images wouldn't resolve. But better than that would be to actually embed the images right in there.

Let us know how you are progressing there.

Thanks!
Toby
August 20, 2018, 07:37 AM
cheil
Thanks for the input! Will try these and provide an update.

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs