Focal Point
[SOLVED] filter on ibidatagrid using ibiobject

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/4007013995

February 24, 2011, 11:10 PM
Saravanan J
[SOLVED] filter on ibidatagrid using ibiobject
Hi,

I am working on the Webfocus Enable components. I have a ibidatagrid which is populated from a Webfocus generated xml file. I am trying to move this data to a ibiObject and perform the filter in Action Script. But the filter isn't working properly.. Please find my code below

public var grid1:ibiObject = new ibiObject();

private function initApp():void{
var selectedCity:Array = new Array();
var columnArray:Array = new Array();
var filterOption:Array = new Array();
columnArray.push("L12M_IND");
filterOption.push("EQ");
selectedCity.push("L12");
grid1.dataProvider = ibidatagrid01.dataProvider as ArrayCollection; //ibidatagrid01 is my ibiDatagrid which get xml data from webfocus procedure
grid1.filter(columnArray, filterOption, selectedCity, null, false); //grid1 is the ibiObject
maingrid01.dataProvider = grid1.prGridfiltered; //maingrid01 is my final datagrid where i want to display my filtered data
}

No rows is returned to the final maingrid01... If i use grid1.dataProvider to populate the maingrid01 then i get all the records without filter. I am not able to find enough docuement on using IbiObject... Flex gurus please help me..
Thanks much!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Release : 7.7.02
App Server : Tomcat
all output
March 08, 2011, 11:46 AM
Kerry
Hi Saravanan,

Has this issue been resolved?

If not, please open a case with Customer Support Services for further assistance. You may either call at 1-800-736-6130, or access online at InfoResponse.

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.
March 08, 2011, 12:17 PM
Saravanan J
Thanks Kerry,

I have found a work-around for this issue. Instead of moving the data to ibiObject i am using the IbiFilterDefault to do my filter on the datagrid directly and each time the user changes the filter, i will call a action script which changes the ibifilterdefault and reloads the datagrid.

Reload is done using ibicanvas.reloadData() function.

Code snippet:

ibicanvas01.reloadData("ibidatagrid04","");
ibidatagrid04.ibiFilterDefault='LABEL EQ L12';

Though i have a workaround i would like to know how to move the data from ibidatagrid to ibiobject and perform any filter or sort.

Release : 7.7.02
App Server : Tomcat
all output