Focal Point
[SOLVED] Maintain error "(FOC03690)"

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/4007050976

October 26, 2015, 09:57 AM
Ali
[SOLVED] Maintain error "(FOC03690)"
Hello everyone,
I'm developing maintain application from the documentation section [FanClub]. It rights to a local FOCUS database. There is one local webFocus report that access the local database.
The application is working for the most part. I'm having a problem when I run the form that executes the report. I get the following error:

(FOC03690) Called Proc, FANRPT, wants 0 Output parms but was called w/ 1.

The report is not expecting any parameters and there is no variable inside the report. The report contains "ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTMTABLE". A new stack was created with a new variable named "HTML". An HTML object control was added that is linked to the new variable from the new created stack. A new function was created that contains "EXEC fanrpt INTO [stackName];" and then the function gets called when a particular form is displayed.
I tried to change the length of the variable HTML to 2000 and nothing changed. I also tried the other method where I used "ON TABLE PCHOLD", HTML table object, and the actual columns from the data source (not a computed column) when I created the stack and that still didn't stop the error message.
I inserted "-SET &ECHO=ALL;" at the beginning of the report and "-RUN" at the end to display errors, and besides error "FOC03690" that I get at the top of the form, the last line states that "no data found for the focus file." When I re-run the report by itself, it works fine and returns data.
Any suggestions?

Ali

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFOCUS Developer Studio 8104 / Windows 7 / HTML and Excel
October 26, 2015, 11:30 AM
Maintain Wizard
Ali
In 8.0, when using FOCUS files, even if you are the only user, the files MUST be under SU. Please make sure you have followed these steps.

1) Edit your EDASPROF.PRF

Make sure you have: SET COMMIT=ON
Make sure that your project is in the APP PATH
Make sure you have
USE
FILE ON FOCSU01
END

For each of the FOCUS files that you are using. Just the name of the file. NOT FILE.FOC.

2) Edit your SUPROF

Make sure that your project is in the APP PATH

Save and try again. This should work.

Mark