Focal Point
[CLOSED] Favorites in WF Portals -- am I just missing it?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/4007088296

March 17, 2020, 02:28 PM
John_Edwards
[CLOSED] Favorites in WF Portals -- am I just missing it?
Can't prove I'm not clinically insane . . . was there a Favorites feature in the old Dashboards? I seem to recall there was but that was a fair amount of tequila ago.

Is there a way to do Favorites/Bookmarks in WF portals?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

March 17, 2020, 02:34 PM
BabakNYC
What release John?

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows
March 17, 2020, 03:37 PM
John_Edwards

March 17, 2020, 03:52 PM
BabakNYC
I have 8206.16 and I see Favorites. You can right click and add any fex or page to favorites.

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows
March 17, 2020, 04:42 PM
John_Edwards
I'm using a very pre-processed inteface, where end-users aren't seeing folders. I was thinking it would be an option in the upper-right of the page.

I found the Favorites folder in the WF Resources page but that's not going to match our fit and finish.

IE lets you Favorite a page in its Favorites which would work for us because we have Single-Signon. But that's only in IE, Chrome doesn't offer to Add to Bookmarks when you right-click on the page.

Looks like I'm in a spot where I can't make this work very easily . . . I'll keep thinking this through.

Thanks.

March 17, 2020, 05:13 PM
Hallway
quote:
Originally posted by John_Edwards:
I'm using a very pre-processed inteface, where end-users aren't seeing folders. I was thinking it would be an option in the upper-right of the page.

I found the Favorites folder in the WF Resources page but that's not going to match our fit and finish.

IE lets you Favorite a page in its Favorites which would work for us because we have Single-Signon. But that's only in IE, Chrome doesn't offer to Add to Bookmarks when you right-click on the page.

Looks like I'm in a spot where I can't make this work very easily . . . I'll keep thinking this through.

Thanks.

In Chrome just click on the star on the right side in the address bar to add a bookmark. You can organize your bookmarks into folders/subfolders.

Hallway

Prod: 8202M1
Test: 8202M4
Repository:

Outputs: