Focal Point
Error in EDA Server

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/4011023952

November 29, 2007, 04:11 AM
Gobinath Velusamy
Error in EDA Server
HI All ,

Still now my fex code is working fine ... i am hitting the webfocus server using the URl ..... BUt Suddenly i got this error

Valid credentials are required for server: EDASERVE

Any Reason for this ? Please help me to solve this issue ....

Thanks in Advance

Gobinath Velusamy

WebFOCUS 7610
Windows
November 29, 2007, 09:20 AM
GinnyJakes
Your reporting server is running with OPSYS or operating system security and your admin has not supplied a default id for running WebFOCUS requests when coming in from a browser.

You have several options. You can add the IBIC_user and IBIC_pass to your URL though this isn't a good thing because of exposure.

You can have the admin add a default id in the WebFOCUS client console.

You can have the admin change to security off which I don't recommend.

Or you can use a logon page with a WF_SIGNON action to run your request after you logon.

Do a search on the techsupport website for WF_SIGNON to find a model that you can use.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google
November 30, 2007, 05:02 AM
Gobinath Velusamy
Thanks Ginny

After we restart the Server it is working fine.I am suspect due to the space issue it may be the issue for this error .Before i restart the server the space is 100% full ... is it makes this error?

WebFOCUS 7610
Windows
November 30, 2007, 09:46 AM
GinnyJakes
Gobinath,

I would expect a different error if you were out of space. Was the space in edatemp or just on the server? Did you have a bunch of crashed agents before the restart with core dumps?

At any rate, you might have had two problems.

Are you the server admin? Are you running with OPSYS security? You might want to check out the Unix Server Adminstration Manual to learn more about server security settings.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google
November 30, 2007, 11:37 AM
FortuneCookie
If you run out of disk space, i'd say all bets are off. Depending upon the action that was required at the time, you could've received an error based upon the fact that you couldn't authenticate against the reporting server because an agent couldn't be activated