Focal Point
[Closed] WF8 - PDF Redirect Pulling Old File

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/4027037666

January 15, 2014, 01:07 PM
Jasen
[Closed] WF8 - PDF Redirect Pulling Old File
I am using a portal page to run 7 reports to a panel each having their own tab. The user wants the ability to export to PDF for printing or Excel to view. Everything works fine the first time I run the reports. The second time everything works fine but the PDF export. It displays the old data. The data is coming from foccache so I know that the data has changed. Plus my other reports run correctly.

I have tried adding a time stamp and a random number to get the PDF to pull the proper report.

I can see that it is pulling the wrong PDF in the web address.

has32:9080/ibi_apps/WFServlet?PG_REQTYPE=REDIRECT&PG_MRsaved=false &PG_Func=GETBINARY&PG_File=iwxdtkmp.pdf

Here is my code for the drilldown

TYPE=TABHEADING,
LINE=2,
OBJECT=TEXT,
ITEM=1,
FONT='ARIAL',
SIZE=10,
STYLE=NORMAL,
TARGET='_blank',
FOCEXEC=/WFC/Repository/Loram/Machine_Stats/ContractServices/field_stat_customer/mkt_prod_stat_mach.fex( \
WFFMT='PDF' \
),

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have tried with IE and FireFox with same result.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jasen,

WebFocus 8.002
PMF 8.2.3
Windows, all output
January 15, 2014, 01:53 PM
MattC
Go into Admin Console > General and looks for EXPIRE_REPORTS. Change that to 1. I think the default is set for 300.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05
January 15, 2014, 02:11 PM
Francis Mariani
Also, to make the drill-down URL unique, the random number or time stamp should be in the drill-down code, something like this:

-SET &RNDM = EDIT(HHMMSS('A8'),'99$99$99');
FOCEXEC=/WFC/Repository/Loram/Machine_Stats/ContractServices/field_stat_customer/mkt_prod_stat_mach.fex( \
WFFMT='PDF' \
RNDM='&RNDM' \

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
January 15, 2014, 03:24 PM
Jasen
I guess the second try with a random number is the charm.

WebFocus 8.002
PMF 8.2.3
Windows, all output