Focal Point
[CLOSED] Using a Fex file to display tabs/radio buttons in HTML form

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/4037072586

January 19, 2017, 04:25 PM
zcbillions
[CLOSED] Using a Fex file to display tabs/radio buttons in HTML form
Hi all,

When we first started using Information Builders for analytics we created a dashboard on a portal. In one of the panels we had a chart with tabs part of the panel. Well I'm now working in a HTML form and our users want the same functionality like the portal.

Pretty much, we have a product hierarchy. Top level being family, then class, then product name. The users brought up using tabs to display the 3 different levels in one 'panel' like the portal we have, but I'm really trying to stay away from custom coding/javascript as that's not my forte.

What I'm asking if there's a way to switch back n forth between 3 different bar graphs, 1 for family, 1 for class, and 1 for name in one single 'panel' on an html page?

Thank you in advance!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tamra,

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs
January 19, 2017, 05:01 PM
jcannavo
I've never used it myself, but I see in HTML composer there is a tab control. Not sure if that's what you are looking for or not. Found a small post about how to use it http://forums.informationbuild...=584100835#584100835

JC
WebFOCUS Dev Studio / App Studio
Windows 7
January 20, 2017, 09:17 AM
MartinY
Another way

In your panel, why not have a radio where opt-1 (family) will display graph-1 (family) and hide graph-2 (class) and graph-3 (name), opt2 (class) will display graph 2 and hid graph-1 and graph-3, opt-3 (name) will display graph-3 and hide graph-1 and graph-2 ?

All three graphs having same position and size, one above the other.

Using "Task & Animations" should do the trick.

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007
January 20, 2017, 10:50 AM
zcbillions
jcannavo, that post was from around 7 years ago when it was probably developer studio. Could you direct me where to go in App Studio 8105? Thank you.

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs
January 20, 2017, 03:13 PM
jcannavo
Hi,

I would imagine the functionality is similar, but in App Studio it's listed in the containers section:

JC
WebFOCUS Dev Studio / App Studio
Windows 7
January 27, 2017, 03:11 PM
Tamra
Here is a link to AppStudio Technical Video Center

Click on "+" then select -> HTML Canvas Overview

The following link is to the WebFOCUS App Studio documentation. You will need to logon to the IBI Technical Support site

Page 303... Container Groups - Creating HTML Pages in WebFOCUS AppStudio

Thank your for participating in the Focal Point Forum,

Tamra Colangelo
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders

WebFOCUS 8x - BI Portal, Developer Studio, App Studio, Excel, PDF, Active Formats and HTML5