Focal Point
Blank page is displyed in PDF format (WebFocus 7.14)

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/4041027732

July 19, 2007, 01:10 AM
Piscian
Blank page is displyed in PDF format (WebFocus 7.14)
Hi,

I am getting some blank pages randomly in the report i.e. one page is displayed and then the next page is blank, again two pages are displayed and then a blank page is displayed.

I have the same report for all the formats(HTML, excel and PDF) but this problem is there with PDF format only.
HTML and excel formats are working fine.

This report was developed in WebFocus 5.12 and it was working fine.
Now we are upgrading it to WebFocus 7.14.

What could be the possible reason of this strange behavior?
Please advice.
July 19, 2007, 05:09 AM
<ludo>
Hi Do you use compound in your pdf?

Hava you tried the PAGE NO BREAK command
July 19, 2007, 10:08 AM
Kerry
Hi Piscian,

Please try the following setting:

SET PRINTPLUS= (first try ON then OFF)

Hope this helps. Smiler

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.
July 19, 2007, 10:23 AM
Fred S
We experienced this problem a few months ago, and it was usually only in ReportCaster reports, it turned out to be a problem with Adobe Acrobat. One of the newer versions we installed had problems opening the reports properly, and it was a few releases later it was fixed. Too bad our system people refused to upgrade Acrobat to the version that worked, so we had to convert as many of our pdf reports to Excel as possible and rerun others with problems on line as they occurred. We are on a old release of WebFocus, version 5 (or older).

Fred
July 20, 2007, 08:33 AM
dcorp
I experienced a similiar problem with a free-form report and eventually discovered that a text field was located too close to the right margin. Not enough data in the field to wrap/display on to the next page, but enough to cause PDF to create an additional page. Limiting the field size e.g. SQUEEZE=1.800000, corrected my problem.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05/PMF 8.1.4,Tomcat,IIS,Windows/iseries,sql server 2008,Excel/ PDF/HTML