Focal Point
Column truncates error

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/4041068672

March 19, 2008, 02:25 PM
David Stohl
Column truncates error
I am writing a compound WebFOCUS report with multiple components. Each component report is related to a field on the same page layout.

I am receiving the following errors during execution:

(FOC3210) COLUMN TRUNCATED BECAUSE WIDTH EXCEEDS MARGINS; COLUMN: 1
(FOC3218) NOTE: REPORT WILL BE PANELED; TOTAL WIDTH IS: 4.86 INCHES

These errors are occurring in the middle of report execution which is not terminated. However, the report output is not generated.

I am puzzled because on the shared page layout bottommargin, topmargine, leftmargine and rightmargin

Please assist. Thanks, David Stohl

WebFocus 7.x, Linux, PDF, PPT
March 19, 2008, 02:46 PM
Leah
Assuming you have style sheet commands you should check the settings. Is it set for a special form, 4.86 inches seems a bit narrow for portrait.

Leah
March 20, 2008, 09:25 AM
David Stohl
Thanks Leah. I will check the settings. I did not explicitly set for a special form. By the way, bottommargin, topmargine, leftmargine and rightmargin are all set to 0.0.

Regards, David

WebFocus 7.x, Linux, PDF, PPT
March 20, 2008, 12:12 PM
Leah
David,

If all else fails, post some code if it isn't too huge and the experts out here can look at it. Do you happen to use SET STYLEMODE = FIXED any where? Who knows, maybe margins of zeros is messing up something. Sometimes it is the simplist thing that will cause you a problem.

Leah
March 20, 2008, 12:55 PM
Francis Mariani
Do you have SQUEEZE set to OFF? If so, the PDF report columns will take up the space of the data columns.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server