Focal Point
[SOLVED] InfoAssist SET Commands

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/4047089966

April 03, 2014, 04:46 PM
Mighty Max
[SOLVED] InfoAssist SET Commands
In there an area in InfoAssist where I can turn SET commands on or off? I am trying to turn CENT-ZERO on.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFOCUS 8.1.05M Unix Self-Service/MRE/Report Caster - Outputs Excel, PDF, HTML, Flat Files
April 07, 2014, 04:28 PM
VLozovsky
Hello,

There is no specific area in InfoAssist where you can turn SET commands (yet). What you can do is create a Preprocessing Other component in a Reporting Object and type in all the SET commands there. Then you would invoke InfoAssist from the Reporting Object and SET commands would be initiated.

Vicky Lozovsky
April 07, 2014, 06:18 PM
Mighty Max
Thanks for the response Vicky.
I stumbled upon the method you mentioned for Reporting Objects.

If we were using Synonyms as our data source would we have to add the report settings to the Server Profile?

Also an off topic question. Would you recommend Reporting Objects or Synonyms for end users to use as data sources when working with InfoAssist?

WebFOCUS 8.1.05M Unix Self-Service/MRE/Report Caster - Outputs Excel, PDF, HTML, Flat Files
April 09, 2014, 03:40 PM
J
Does the same go for dialogue manager commands as well?

WebFOCUS 7.7.03/8.0.08
Dev Studio 7.7.03/8.0.08
App Studio 8.0.08
Windows 7
ALL Outputs
April 11, 2014, 09:11 AM
njsden
quote:
Would you recommend Reporting Objects or Synonyms for end users to use as data sources when working with InfoAssist?

I had never given Reporting Objects a big thought but now that we're working on a proof-of-concept for InfoAssist we've noticed that Reporting Objects really come in handy on certain circumstances:

- Allowing to execute SET commands applicable only to InfoAssist reports derived from the object (CENT-ZERO, COUNTWIDTH, LINES, etc.)
- Establish the default data source along with whichever valid joins that may be needed, relieving the users from having to join sources themselves
- Define filters that can be enabled/disabled by the user
- Provide a "start version" of a report or graph so users will have something to run by default

Prod/Dev: WF Server 8008/Win 2008 - WF Client 8008/Win 2008 - Dev. Studio: 8008/Windows 7 - DBMS: Oracle 11g Rel 2
Test: Dev. Studio 8008 /Windows 7 (Local) Output:HTML, EXL2K.
April 11, 2014, 04:22 PM
susannah
and...NewJersey...Buidling a Business View, a somewhat fancier version of an RO, lets you build a large masterfile out of all the masters of a joined entity, then comment out the fields you don't want your users to see (or have to deal with), and defining variables (such as counters) at the level that is appropriate . Business Views rock.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID
April 11, 2014, 09:35 PM
njsden
Yup, that's exactly the combination I have. We've created a few Business Views joining our main Facts to Dimensions and look up tables, grouping fields in "logical folders" with business some meaning and hiding those fields that we don't want exposed.

However, we encountered additional value in building Reporting Objects on top of those Business views due to the reasons I exposed above (default SETttins, Filters and start-up report layout) and the combination is proving to be quite effective so far Smiler

Prod/Dev: WF Server 8008/Win 2008 - WF Client 8008/Win 2008 - Dev. Studio: 8008/Windows 7 - DBMS: Oracle 11g Rel 2
Test: Dev. Studio 8008 /Windows 7 (Local) Output:HTML, EXL2K.