Focal Point
Integrating Lotus notes distribution list w/report caster

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/4051018331

November 24, 2004, 08:18 PM
<Joe Filtz>
Integrating Lotus notes distribution list w/report caster
Hi all:

We are a webfocus 5.2.3 shop. We are using report-caster in a very basic way to send reports to our mgmt group. We are a Lotus Notes e-mail shop so we have a large number of distribution lists already created in our e-mail system.

What I would like to do is have report-caster access those established Lotus distribution lists automatically.

We have a very cumbersome work-around that we are planning (extracting the distribution lists on a nightly basis and populating some oracle tables and have report-caster access them) but (1) we don't know if that will work and (2) We would prefer to access the distribution lists real-time or near real-time.

Anybody with any experience integrating Lotus Notes and report-caster?

Thanks in advance...Joe
November 26, 2004, 06:32 AM
susannah
Hi Joe, same with Outlook.
no direct way i know of, but here's a work around: If you can make a simple flat file of 'burst variable' and 'email address', its very simple to set up a job in Report caster to read a 'DISTRIBUTION FILE' rather than haveing to type in a 'DISTRIBUTION LIST'...That's in the Admin Manual for caster. easy, i promise. If your fex doesn't need burst values, just a straight list of email address, just a text file, nothing fancy.
I have to make my DISTRIBUTION FILEs by maintaining my own version of outlook. I can't figure out how to extract from outlook. You indicated you could extract from Notes easily, so the rest will be a piece of cake. Just make a flat file, or a bunch of them,.you dont need an oracle db.