Focal Point
[Solved:] Change Management Question

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/4077041386

July 18, 2016, 01:27 PM
Mike in DeLand
[Solved:] Change Management Question
I'm reading the documentation for change management - I want to promote a new BIP from dev to prod. So, I create a scenario and run the export. Now I go to my prod machine, which is different from test, to import the scenario. How do I know where the heck the scenario lives? I haven't seen anything in the manual that tells you WHERE the file goes.

Never mind! I found it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike in DeLand,

Webfocus 8
Windows, Linux
July 18, 2016, 02:38 PM
Squatch
On my IBI production server (running on Windows) it is here:

E:\ibi\WebFOCUS80\cm\import

But I have to manually move the new BIP folder from development, and on dev it is here:

E:\ibi\WebFOCUS80\cm\export

App Studio
WebFOCUS 8.1.05M
Windows, All Outputs
July 18, 2016, 02:45 PM
Mike in DeLand
Yep, thanks. I did find the answer after posting me question, of course. I just successfully exported and imported a new portal on to my production machine. I don't have server access, so I had to ask the admin to do the physical copy of the files.

Webfocus 8
Windows, Linux
July 18, 2016, 02:50 PM
Squatch
I just posted the paths for posterity, so others can see it in the future.

We actually had an IBI support person onsite last fall, and he showed me where the import/export files were stored.

App Studio
WebFOCUS 8.1.05M
Windows, All Outputs
July 18, 2016, 03:01 PM
Tony A
One thing that people have often commented on is the limitation on the file types that are included.

I always point them at the list of file extensions in the admin console under general / change management / IBI_CM_Export_WFRS_File_Extensions.

Add those that you require.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 
July 18, 2016, 03:02 PM
Tony A
IBI_CM_Export_WFRS_File_Extensions
Determines by file extension which files from the WebFOCUS Reporting Server or the web will be included in exports created by the change management feature. The values included by default are acx, bmp, css, fex, gif, htm, html, ico, jpeg, jpg, mas, png, sty, and svg.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10