Focal Point
Case of: Report Caster, Exl2k, and the Missing Email.

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/4081033351

February 09, 2006, 11:11 AM
Jaywill
Case of: Report Caster, Exl2k, and the Missing Email.
Hello All,
I have created a schedule in report caster to run a report and send it to me through email as an exl2k attachment. The job runs correctly, and in the log I get the following line: Report.xls delivered to {my email address}

The problem is that I never actually recieve the email. If I change the output options to HTML, PDF, or even EXCEL I get the email. Exl2k and Exl97 dont seem to get to me.

I've asked our exchange server admin to see if its being filtered out for any reason and she hasn't been able to find anything.

Does anyone know of any other reason why I wouldn't get it? Any suggestions of logs I can peruse or other places to check for failure?

Thanks in advance!

Jason

WF 8.0.08 ... Windows Server 2008
February 09, 2006, 11:53 AM
Prarie
What version are you running. Might want to add that to you signature in your profile. Does the Output type in your fex match what you have in Report Caster?

In Focus since 1993. WebFOCUS 7.7.03 Win 2003
We are using Report Caster 7.1
The output types are both Exl2k.

Anyone know exactly how the MIME type should be set for .xls files?

Resolution:
The email was being dropped by an email filtering program. The program didnt like the way that the attachment was type XLS but had tags. It thought something sneaky was going on so deleted the email automatically.