Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     image error in pdf (3251)

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
image error in pdf (3251)
 Login/Join

<Ed>
posted
All,

We have a bunch of reports that are running in excel format but failing in PDF with the following error:

(FOC3251) IMAGE FILE UNREADABLE OR INVALID: INTERNAL_HEADL (RC=112)
(FOC3202) BAD VALUE IN STYLESHEET FILE AT LINE: 22 IMAGE=internal_headl.gif

-------------

from what i know... in excel..we are giving the complete path for the gif..while we cant give the same in pdf.

but..the directory in which the image resides.. is in the app path.

ne idea wht the error cud be?

thanks

-Ed.

Report This Post
<JG>
posted
When you put an image into a PDF you must specify the op system path to the image in your styling code.

example

TYPE=HEADING, IMAGE=c:\ibi\WebFocus53\ibi_html\ib_logo.gif,POSITION=(+1.000000 +1.000000), SIZE=(.5 .5), $

Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
I believe, it should work with just an image name. Not necessary to mention the full path in PDF.

Ed, can you post that Table request where you use your Image.

Posts: 780 | Location: Florida | Registered: January 09, 2005Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Are you running the report from a self-serve app? And if your report and image are in the same app path you don't needed the full path only the file name and extension.

Posts: 406 | Location: Canada | Registered: May 31, 2004Report This Post
<Ed>
posted
hi,

I tried putting it with or w/o the full path and it is failing in both. The image name is not constant... it's based on an IF condition. And in the fex stylesheet...and &variable is passed for the same.

thanks

-Ed.

Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Ed, if you dont mind can you put that code here?

<Ed>
posted
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM OFF
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE SET ONLINE-FMT &FMT
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
UNITS=IN,
PAGESIZE=&PAPERSIZE.EVAL,
LEFTMARGIN=0.2500000,
RIGHTMARGIN=0.2500000,
TOPMARGIN=0.500000,
BOTTOMMARGIN=0.250000,
SQUEEZE=ON,
ORIENTATION=&ORIENTATION.EVAL,
$

TYPE=REPORT,
FONT='ARIAL',
SIZE=9,
COLOR='BLACK',
BACKCOLOR='NONE',
STYLE=NORMAL,
TOPGAP=0.013889,
BOTTOMGAP=0.027778,
$
TYPE=REPORT,
IMAGE=&HEADLOGO,
POSITION= (0.5 0.25),
$
TYPE=REPORT,
IMAGE=&REPORTLN,
POSITION= (0.5 1.95),
$
TYPE=HEADING,
SIZE=10,
STYLE=BOLD,
..... and there are other stylesheet elements.
it is failing for the &headlogo

-Ed.

Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Could &HEADLOGO or &REPORTLN be blank?

<Ed>
posted
Nope.
they have the proper value...thats being shown in the error.

So, I dont think they can be blank.

Ed

Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
tried this code, it is working fine

-DEFAULT &FMT='PDF';
-DEFAULT &HEADLOGO='IBILOGO.GIF';
-DEFAULT &PAPERSIZE='LETTER';

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT *
WHERE RECORDLIMIT EQ 10
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM OFF
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE SET ONLINE-FMT &FMT
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
UNITS=IN,PAGESIZE=&PAPERSIZE.EVAL,LEFTMARGIN=0.2500000,
RIGHTMARGIN=0.2500000,TOPMARGIN=0.500000,BOTTOMMARGIN=0.250000,
SQUEEZE=ON,ORIENTATION=PORTRAIT,$

TYPE=REPORT,FONT='ARIAL',SIZE=9,COLOR='BLACK',BACKCOLOR='NONE',
STYLE=NORMAL,TOPGAP=0.013889,BOTTOMGAP=0.027778,$
TYPE=REPORT,IMAGE=&HEADLOGO,POSITION= (0.5 0.25),$
END
-EXIT

Guru
posted Hide Post
I can get the same error as you but, I was only able to get if I incorrectly spelt the image filename. You may want to check that and maybe even the case of the filename. I'm sure you already checked this.

Can you get the same problem if you move you style sheet to the car table?

<Ed>
posted
if i am running Kameshs' code on the server console...i am getting foc3202...if i use the image file name mentioned by him...and foc3251 and foc3202...same as the one i am getting, if i use my gif file name.

I checked that the file name is correct..so curtis...tht shud not be an issue.

Is there any configuration change that mite have caused this issue to crop up?
Does the directories under app path need to have any specific permissions?

The report were working fine on friday and suddenly stopped working yesterday with no changes being done to the fexes.

-Ed.

Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Have you checked the app path configuration on the WF server? Its located under the Procedures at http://servername:8121 also try putting the images in the baseapp folder see if that helps.

Master
posted Hide Post
I know you will get that error if you directly run the fex I posted. I forgot to mention the image file name has to be changed.
If you change the image name to yours, then this problem exists you need to check your image path.

The image has to be under the directory you mentioned in your edasprof.prf . (This file located under /ibi/srv53/wfs/etc)

<Ed>
posted
Curtis,

This is strange.
baseapp and the directory containing the images are both in the APP PATH, apart frm some other directories.

If I put the image under baseapp it works.
if i put it under some other directory it doesnt.

can u throw some light on what baseapp is.

Kamesh,
edasprof.prf has all these directories under the app path in it.

thanks

Ed.

Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
baseapp is the first place WF will look for a file. (aka default directory) Its a bit of a dirty trick, it does not really fix your problem.

Guru
posted Hide Post
I believe that BASEAPP is the last APP folder that gets looked at.

Everything in the APP PATH first then BASEAPP.

Posts: 346 | Location: Melbourne Australia | Registered: April 15, 2003Report This Post
<Ed>
posted
I checked and it seems folders in the app path are read first and then baseapp.
Also, baseapp is there in my app path.

So, why should the image not be read from my other folder in app path. esp...when a fex file in that folder is being read properly.

thanks

Ed.

Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
I've seen this message many times...
(FOC3202) BAD VALUE IN STYLESHEET FILE AT LINE where the .gif file is corrupted.
Seems if the .gif is copied from within Developer Studio from one folder to another or one project to another. The only solution I can come up with is to copy it from my hard drive back to the server and then it works!

Posts: 428 | Location: Springfield, MA | Registered: May 07, 2003Report This Post