Focal Point
Export into HTML printable format

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/4081054771

July 24, 2006, 08:19 AM
<Antony Gubert>
Export into HTML printable format
Hi,

I have a procedure which is exporting data to a HTML table (HTML Page). When I print the page using ( File -> Print ), I am not getting the same look and feel on paper. Even the "Print Preview" also does not show the same look and feel.

Any solutions?

Thanks
July 24, 2006, 05:37 PM
dhagen
Use PDF.

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott
July 24, 2006, 05:49 PM
susannah
several things you can do, Antony.
first, if you are using GRID,
then you can make it quieter by displaying your output in an HTMLFORM
TABLE FILE CAR
..do stuff
ON TABLE HOLD AS MYTAB FORMAT HTMTABLE
END
-RUN
-HTMLFORM BEGIN
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<STYLE>
table {border-collapse:collapse;}
</STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
!IBI.FIL.MYTAB;
</BODY>
</HTML>
-HTMLFORM END

..then you can make adjustments to your default browser settings. And encourage your uses to do so , as well.
For example,
Tools/InternetOptions/Advanced/Printing
CHECK the box 'Print background colors and images'
This change makes your grid (etc) very gentle, greyscale, instead of just loud black on white.

..then also from your browser
File/PageSetup and erase all the default stuff in Header and Footer..you might want to leave the time stamp, but certainly nuke the URL.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID
July 26, 2006, 09:19 AM
<Antony Gubert>
Hi Susannah,

Thanks for your reply. Since I am using some classes (CSS) files in this report, the print out is not same as what I see on screen.

Let me know, if you have any other suggestion.

Thanks

Antony Gubert
July 26, 2006, 10:59 AM
Francis Mariani
HTML for browser, PDF for printing, EXCEL for data manipulation is what should be standard.

However, you could set up your CSS to have media-specific styles - one section for browser, one section for print.

Read the following article:

http://alistapart.com/articles/goingtoprint/

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server