Focal Point
Can I Drill down from an Excel Spreadsheet createted using Composer or Layout[SOLVED]

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/4087006216

November 09, 2011, 10:06 AM
Dgraff
Can I Drill down from an Excel Spreadsheet createted using Composer or Layout[SOLVED]
I can create a multi tab EXCEL spreadsheet with no problem changing the output format to EXL2K. Unfortunately my drilldown URL then changes to File:///C:..... WHich I have seen discussed on here in several posts. Ihave run each of these reports seperatly outside of the layout format and the URL is correct and does as I would like. It is only when I try to multitab and use the COMPOSER or layout format that I'm having a problem. Any sugestions

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dgraff,

Duane

WebFOCUS 8.0.7
DS 8.0.7 AS 8.0.7
Windows
Output: Excel, HTML, PDF, AHTML,Mobile
In Focus 1982
November 09, 2011, 11:12 AM
Tom Flynn
FOCEXURL

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe
November 09, 2011, 01:12 PM
Dgraff
Tom,
I'm bei9ng told that because we are using virtual servers that we can not hard code IP addresses.

Duane

WebFOCUS 8.0.7
DS 8.0.7 AS 8.0.7
Windows
In Focus 1982
November 09, 2011, 01:28 PM
Tom Flynn
Duane,

The point of the thread is that you have to set FOCEXURL for the drills to work. Whether thay are virtual or not, the IP address, or, ALIAS, must be in the URL, so, to facillitate that, we placed them into global variables, &&, so, in the event of a server change, it is done in one place.

WebFOCUS Reporting Servers really don't change that often...

IBI tech support may have other ways, may want to check with them...

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe
November 10, 2011, 01:48 PM
Dgraff
The actual solution involved coding the fully qualified URL since we were calling an asp procedure outside the standard WF domain tree.
Thanks Tom for the help it started us down the correct path.

Duane

WebFOCUS 8.0.7
DS 8.0.7 AS 8.0.7
Windows
In Focus 1982