Focal Point
Trapping the Messages Generated BY Resource Governor

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/4091067331

December 24, 2003, 03:27 AM
<Viswa>
Trapping the Messages Generated BY Resource Governor
Hai
We want to capture the messages returned by resource governor at webfocus client side. How can we acheive this?
Ex: Let's say we have a rule in the resource governor saying, if the number of rows returned are greater then threshold number of rows then return a message saying "query is fetching huge result set". Now at webfocus client side, we want to capture this message and do some processing. So we want to know how do we capture this message, generated by resource governor. Is there any environment variable, that needs to be checked, or do we need to check any return code, etc.

The requirement is to take the Return code from resource Governor and evaluate and then display on the client side an informative message for the customer.

These are our configuration details.

Webfocus Server:521
Operating System :Solaris

Thanks
Viswakanth
January 22, 2004, 06:00 PM
<monte2000>
Viswa -
I was told a customer opened up a hottrack case w/ this and iWay and WebFOCUS product managers have been working to put in the necesssary code to enable what this customer wants to do. I believe product management is currently waiting for a fix from the build group so that this can be tested. I am assuming that you were the customer that opened up the hottrack case. If not, please contact Tech Support.

Thanks so much,

Monica