Focal Point
[SHARING] Only MRAdmin can create/modify public views

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/4137002626

November 14, 2012, 07:20 PM
JennyY
[SHARING] Only MRAdmin can create/modify public views
Hi everyone,

I just learned that only MR admin can create/modify public views. I wonder if MR developers (not MR Admin or Group Admin) can create/modify public view as well.

Here are more details. I created different developer groups that have access to corresponding domains. For example, group "developer_hr" would have access to "d_hr" domain. Now it would be idea if these developers could create a public HR view, instead of MR admin has to do it.

I wonder what your usual pratices are regarding creating the views. Your thoughts/comments are appreciated.

Regards,
Jenny

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs
November 15, 2012, 07:17 AM
CLH
Hi,

We have the same issue in 7.x environments. Our workaround is the MR admin creates the public dashboard that launches an HTML page and that is all it does. The developers build and control this HTML page. It has links to various reports and graphs and even links out to other systems. The only thing that needs to be kept in mind is that public dashboards are open to everyone. So any data on them can be seen by anyone who knows the URL

Webfocus 8.0.7 on Windows