Focal Point
Recursive Drilldowns

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/4161096991

December 04, 2006, 04:37 PM
Johnny T
Recursive Drilldowns
Dan Carotenuto gave a Web Seminar a couple of months ago on Recursive Drilldowns. It was a promising method of report development that I would like to use in an upcoming report. While I can watch the rebroadcast of the Web Seminar online at any time, the class was a very fast paced presentation and there wasn't much time for sharing code. Dan stated that he would have some documentation on the subject posted to one of the Forums, but I haven't seen anything and my report deadline is coming near. Does anyone have any good documentation that they can share? or does anyone know of the documentation that Dan Carotenuto created and where I might find it? Any and all help is appreciated. Thank you!

Production: 7.6.4 WF Server  <=>  7.6.4 WF Client  <=>  7.6.4 Dev Studio
Testing: <none>
Using MRE & BID.  Connected to MS SQL Server 2000
December 05, 2006, 09:37 AM
jgelona
Do you have a link for that Web Seminar? Just curious what is a recursive drilldown? To me that sounds like you have a program with parameters, the make some selection and recall the same program with different parameters.

In FOCUS since 1985. Prod WF 8.0.08 (z90/Suse Linux) DB (Oracle 11g), Self Serv, Report Caster, WebServer Intel/Linux.
December 11, 2006, 12:28 PM
Kerry
Hi Johnny,

I have forwarded your request to Dan. If I hear any further details, I will definitely keep you and everyone here posted.

jgelona, to review the recorded seminar, please check this link (you will need to fill out the form first in order to view it): Using Recursive Drill Downs to Simplify Application Management. For a complete list of archived web seminars, please refer to this topic: https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/...1057331/m/8781085291

Hope this helps. Smiler

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.
July 16, 2008, 01:48 PM
Jeff_Rowland
HI,
I had just viewed this WebCast and was also looking for more information and came across this forum message. Wanted to check if more information was obtained and available on the recursive drill down application from the webcast

7.7.02 Windows7
HTML/Excel/PDF