Focal Point
Vertical Lines between 2 columns

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/4171088331

August 05, 2005, 12:55 PM
jwestrick
Vertical Lines between 2 columns
I am in the need of placing a vertical line between 2 columns of data (between Type1 and Type2) and display the results in HTML. Below is the code I have, any help would be greatly appreciated! Below is the code I currently have.

TABLE FILE HOLD1
PRINT TYPE1 TYPE2
ON TABLE HOLD AS HTML
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=REPORT,
GRID=OFF,
SQUEEZE=ON,
FONT=ARIAL,
SIZE=9,
$
ENDSTYLE
END
-RUN
August 05, 2005, 01:09 PM
Tony A
Firstly I think you've made a few typos as that code will not produce your HTML straight to screen.

However, that is a minor issue.

Try something along the lines (pun intended Smiler ) of this code -

DEFINE FILE CAR<br />-* The following should be one line of output<br />-* I've split it here to prevent the screen width being too big<br />VERT_LINE/A131='<SPAN style="POSITION:absolute; LEFT:120px; WIDTH:2px;<br /> TOP:70px; HEIGHT: 360px; BACKGROUND-COLOR: rgb(0,0,0)"><BR /></SPAN>';<br />END<br />TABLE FILE CAR<br />PRINT COUNTRY<br />COMPUTE SPC/A30 = '&|nbsp;&|nbsp;&|nbsp;&|nbsp;&|nbsp;'; AS ''<br />      MODEL<br />HEADING<br />"<VERT_LINE"<br />ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTML<br />ON TABLE SET STYLE *<br />TYPE=REPORT, GRID=OFF, SQUEEZE=ON, FONT=ARIAL, SIZE=9, $<br />ENDSTYLE<br />END
Change the BACKGROUND-COLOR rgb values using integers to change the colour of the line e.g. BACKGROUND-COLOR: rgb(255,0,0) for a Red line
August 05, 2005, 01:23 PM
jwestrick
That works, Thanks!!
August 05, 2005, 03:25 PM
susannah
or you might like..
DEFINE FILE CAR
BAR/A1=' ';
END
TABLE FILE CAR SUM SALE BY COUNTRY BY BAR AS ''
BY MODEL
TYPE=REPORT,COLUMN=BAR,BACKCOLOR=SILVER,$
can be more flexible that absolute positioning.
August 09, 2005, 02:53 PM
mgrackin
Have you tried this?

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT RCOST DCOST
BY COUNTRY
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=REPORT, GRID=OFF,$
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=DCOST, BORDER-LEFT=MEDIUM,$
ENDSTYLE
END
August 09, 2005, 03:25 PM
Tony A
As always, many ways to skin a cat with WebFOCUS!