Focal Point
Drop Down List not populate

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/4181071462

January 02, 2008, 02:48 PM
Majid Jeddi
Drop Down List not populate
Hi,

I have 2 Dropdown lists on one of my HTML files.
They are both populated from the same master file but from 2 diferent fields.
Field1 is the product name and field2 is the product code.
I would like when the user select an entry from the first drop down list "which is a product name" the second list will be auto filtered and show the code of the product.
Therefore i chain these 2 controls.
The issue is that when I run the html file the lists do not populate and I coudld see "Done populating" at the bottom of the IE.
This HTM file contains a Button that calls a fex file and transmit the product name and the product code.
The fex file will execute a stored procedure in order to insert a new record to sql table called product.

Do you have an idea why these list are empty.

Note : when i remove the chaining, the lists get populated correctly.

Thanks for your help.

Majid.

WebFocus 7.6.5
AND WebLogic server as web server
sql2005 as database server
January 02, 2008, 03:13 PM
dhagen
Read this thread

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott
January 03, 2008, 04:22 AM
Majid Jeddi
Hi dhagen,

Yes I read that thread, unfortunatelly it did not help.
When I added the drop down lists and without chainning them the list did not populate. Then as described in the thread I added cacheruntimedata="0" to the end of the select tag which makes the drop down list behave as expected.
As soon as I chain them they did not populate even if I add the cacheruntimedata="0" to the end of the select tag.

Regards.

Majid.

WebFocus 7.6.5
AND WebLogic server as web server
sql2005 as database server