Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Conditional Bursting of ReportCaster Reports

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Conditional Bursting of ReportCaster Reports
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
I have a requirement to schedule report to run every day. ReportCaster will burst report and send email alerts to appropriate email addresses if certain conditions are met. However, if alert has been sent today and the same conditions exist tomorrow (or same conditions exist anytime during the next 29 days) then we don't want to send the same alert to the same email address. We want to send next email alert after 30 days in such cases. I'm thinking about storing historical info about alerts that has been sent already in SQL table (i.e. alert for Job_Number 123 has been sent to Email_Address abc@yahoo.com on Sent_Date 10/03/2007). The main report will have logic to filter out records based on historical info in that table. My questions at this point -
1. Is this appropriate way to meet alert requirements? Other ideas how to do this?
2. I can insert record into history table from my report using code like this
 SQL
INSERT INTO TBL_ALERTS_SENT (ALERT_NAME, JOB_ID, DATE_SENT, SENT_TO) VALUES
('Alert Name here', 123, 'date here', 'abc@yahoo.com');
END 

The problem is that I don't know where I can put this code. I can't put code in the main report because I can't get values for JOB_ID and SENT_TO. These values are not known during execution of main report. They become known only when ReportCaster does bursting and distribution. And I don't think I can do any SQL inserts at that point.
3. ReportCaster Job Process Log has JOB_ID and SENT_TO info (i.e it says "123 distributed to abc@yahoo.com"). Is this info available in WebFocus database? If I can find out where WebFocus keeps this info then I may consider nightly update of my History table with this info.
Thanks

WF 7.6.4, Win XP, SQL 2005

Posts: 42 | Location: California | Registered: August 17, 2007Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
For Report Caster run results, you want to look in BOTLOG (for job id info) and BOTLOG2 (joined to BOTLOG) for who it was sent to. You will have to parse out the MESSAGE field.

You want to find out how many days you are keeping these records. For our site it is 30 days (I think that is the default).

(Prod: WebFOCUS 7.7.03: Win 2008 & AIX hub/Servlet Mode; sub: AS/400 JDE; mostly Self Serve; DBs: Oracle, JDE, SQLServer; various output formats)

Posts: 391 | Location: California | Registered: April 14, 2003Report This Post