Focal Point
[CLOSED] sorting in Active Report with an Across field

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/419103333

January 05, 2010, 03:06 PM
Mark
[CLOSED] sorting in Active Report with an Across field
I have created an Active Report with the months of the year going ACROSS. I am not able to use the functions within Active Report......for example, if I select a month (July) and choose Sort Ascending I do not get a list returned that accurately sorts my list. Is there an issue with my code or does sorting not work properly in an Active Report that contains an ACROSS field?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS developer studio version 7.6.11
Windows
all formats
January 05, 2010, 03:12 PM
GinnyJakes
TABLE FILE CENTURYSALES
SUM PROFIT
BY REGION
ACROSS MONTH
WHERE YEAR EQ 2005
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT AHTML
END

When I run this and sort a column, it sorts all of the columns in that manner. Is that what your complaint is?

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google
January 05, 2010, 03:29 PM
Mark
sorry, I am not finding CENTURYSALES anywhere on my system. Can you run this using a different file?

Windows
all formats
January 05, 2010, 03:32 PM
GinnyJakes
TABLE FILE CAR
SUM SALES
BY COUNTRY
BY CAR
ACROSS BODYTYPE
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT AHTML
END

CENTURYSALES is in the ibidemo directory unless your admin did not install the new demo. If you are running locally, it should be in ibi\apps.

Ginny
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google
January 05, 2010, 03:38 PM
Mark
Yes, your code sorts correctly. In addition to that, after the ACROSS MONTH line, I have added a COLUMNS &COL_ORDER where the user can specify which month they would like the report to start with. Could this be interfering with the sort function?

Windows
all formats
January 05, 2010, 03:56 PM
GinnyJakes
I haven't got a clue though that doesn't make sense as a cause. Take it out and see if it fixes your problem. Or add it to the sample code and see if it breaks.

Ginny