Focal Point
[CLOSED] Enter Key Default Event on HTML form

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/4277023816

March 27, 2012, 12:41 PM
smn
[CLOSED] Enter Key Default Event on HTML form
I have one HTML form that will automatically execute a report when selecting the Enter Key and another one that does not. In that report you have to use your mouse to select the blue triangle button that Composer automatically creates for you.

They were originally built the same, but obviously somewhere down the line the default action was taken away.

I've tried comparing the code behind the form to identify what might have changed, but have been unable to find anything.

I also don't see anything in my properties box to make the blue triangle button be the default event.

How is the default action/event defined in an HTML form?

Thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,
April 02, 2012, 05:26 PM
Kerry
Hi smn,

I checked with our expert and found out that there is no enough details to understand the issue, so you may want open a case with Customer Support Services for assistance. The phone number is 1-800-736-6130, or access online at InfoResponse.

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.
April 03, 2012, 02:15 AM
Dave
Well,

as a former web-developer...

...we found out in the past that a form with only one inputbox usualy "posts" the data when you press [enter]. A form with more than one inputbox usually doesn't post when pressing [enter].

This behaviour could differ between browers and brower versions.

Only way to really make it work is to add custom javascript.

On the keydown-event you should check for keycode corresponding with [enter]. ( mind you, most keyboard have 2 [enter] buttons, sometimes with diffent keycodes )
When the correct keycode is detected you could fire the onclick-event of the [run] button. ( the one with the blue triangle ).

Hope this helps... for smn & Kerry ( fwd to: expert ).

G'luck & Greets,
Dave