Focal Point
Maintain 7.6.4 is acting weird in our dashboard

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/4281085372

February 27, 2008, 01:36 AM
Pete
Maintain 7.6.4 is acting weird in our dashboard
Hi All,

We moved up to 7.6.2 and apart from a little problem with the groupviews , is working fine
so we decided to install 7.6.4 ( since i was told that it would be not a big risk), and yes everthing seemed go work ok...

Then we noticed that after we had called a maintain application in our dashboard , we can't run another report after it , and it gives the message that we need to log on to the MRE

all this was working fine in 7.6.2

Any clues?

Peter

D: WF 7.6.2 P. : WF 7.6.2 on W2003
------------------------------------------------------------------
I see myself as an intelligent, sensitive human, with the soul of a clown which forces me to blow it at the most important moments.

-Jim Morrison-

March 04, 2008, 04:52 AM
GamP
Pete,

I've had similar problems with maintain, albeit not within MRE or Dashboard, but as a self-service solution. After doing a lot of research into this and opening a case for it (a number of years ago), the solution that was presented actually also worked fine.
It may be possible that this solution will also work for your environment.
The first change was to add the line:
document.referer = 'about:blank';

to the top case of the maintain (haven't got a clue as to the exact meaning of it, just following directions).
The second thing was to change the logic of the exit-button in my maintain.
It has to be a javascript function, and it has the following logic in it (suppose the button has the name 'end'):
function Onbtn_end_Click ( )  {
window.close();
IWCTrigger("WINEXIT");
}

This solved the log-on problem in my situation.

Hope this helps ...

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988