Focal Point
[possibly solved] Is WebFOCUS BI Dashboard v5.3.2 compatible with IE7?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/4291009013

December 18, 2008, 02:07 PM
Francis Mariani
[possibly solved] Is WebFOCUS BI Dashboard v5.3.2 compatible with IE7?
I don't imagine IBI has certified the horrendous IE7 for WebFOCUS BI Dashboard v5.3.2.

I'm wondering if anyone is regularly using IE7 and BID 5.3.2. I have IE6 on my PC and I do not get the problem that users with IE7 are getting - A JavaScript error triggered right after login (something about an error on line 22). The tabs load successfully, but the error causes other JavaScript errors on some of the tabs that open new windows.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Francis Mariani,

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
December 19, 2008, 02:31 AM
nubi
what i found using ie7 at home was that as default it comes quite locked down in terms of what you can do- i remember it took me ages fiddling about with a number of different settings just so it would loads pages in my favourites or run very basic javascript commands

i found the whole expoerienec very frustrating so now use (the less than stellar) firefox

Developer Studio 7.64
Win XP
Output: mostly HTML, also Excel and PDF

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." - Heinlein's Razor
December 19, 2008, 03:46 AM
Tony A
Francis,

There is a patch for IE7 and BID, not sure to what release it refers though but check it out on the Tech Support site. I remember applying it about 2½ years ago at a previous client.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 
December 19, 2008, 04:06 AM
<JG>
There are 2 versions of the hotfix available

52x IE 70 Hotfix
53x IE 70 Hotfix

I'm not sure if they are available for customer download
but support could e-mail it to you, it's only 14.7k

Installation instructions.

1) Backup the following files:

\ibi\WebFOCUS53\ibi_html\javaassist\worp\js\worp_tree.js
\ibi\WebFOCUS53\ibi_html\javaassist\worp\js\menu\worp_menu.js
\ibi\WebFOCUS53\ibi_html\javaassist\worp\js\util\worp_runtime.js

For example, rename all of them with a .orig extension

2) Place 53xIE7.jar file in the directory of:

\ibi\WebFOCUS53

3) Make sure the jar command is in your path (or explicitly reference the command)
unjar the 53xIE7.jar file

jar -xvf 53xIE7.jar
December 19, 2008, 10:59 AM
Francis Mariani
Tony and JG,

Thanks for the information! I will let my client know about the fix.

Thanks very much,

Francis.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server