Focal Point
&IBIC_user - am I doing (or not doing) something stupid

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/4291038331

March 07, 2005, 10:10 AM
stuey
&IBIC_user - am I doing (or not doing) something stupid
When trying to use &IBIC_user , I can get it to evaluate correctly when running in Dev Stu, but when I use the exact same code within Dashboard it gives me (FOC295) A VALUE IS MISSING FOR: IBIC_user

-SET &IB_USER = &IBIC_user ;
-TYPE &IB_USER

Is there a setting for MR/Dashboard that I need to know about?
March 07, 2005, 02:45 PM
<Grzegorz>
IBIC_user is the HTTP request parameter. If you would like to use it within a focexec, you could do the following settings:

After that, you will have the &IBIC_user amper variable in fex procedures, containing the value of the IBIC_user request parameter.
(I suppose, that in your current configuration you have the <set>... settings (or equivalent) configured within DevStudio, but not in the web client configuration)

Hope this helps
Grzegorz
March 07, 2005, 03:21 PM
stuey
Thanks Grzegorz, site.wfs already has the entry....
IBI_REPORT_USER=&REMOTE_USER
<SET> IBIC_user(PASS)

I can get the value for IBIC_user later on in some processes within Fex's but not at this specific point within the process.

Stuart
March 07, 2005, 05:44 PM
<JG>
? what version of WebFocus are you running.

If It's 5.3x definitely make your changes in the Administrator and not manually. It seems to cause problems when you do it the old fashioned way in 5.3.
March 08, 2005, 12:16 AM
<WFUser>
There does seem to be something weird in 5.3 when trying to pass reserved variables. Try setting it to something else and pass that.

IB_user=&IBIC_user
<set>IB_user (pass)
March 08, 2005, 08:00 AM
stuey
Thanks guys for your input.
Tried re-defining the variable but still couldn't
find IBIC_user.
Running WF 527 but DevStu is 526.
March 08, 2005, 12:16 PM
<WFUser>
If you're redefining the variable using my previous suggestion, your fex would then be looking for &IB_user not &IBIC_user.
March 08, 2005, 12:17 PM
<WFUser>
One more thing. If IBIC_user is passing blanks or nulls to IB_user then maybe security is turned off.
March 08, 2005, 02:36 PM
stuey
Security is OFF