Focal Point
Toolbar in Dashboard malfunctioning

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/4291058513

January 29, 2009, 11:19 AM
VASlim
Toolbar in Dashboard malfunctioning
I have created a dashboard using toolbar 1 with 4 links included, 3 are websites and 1 is to access e-mail. Most of my dashboard pages have an output window and when I click on the first website link or the e-mail link in my toolbar they open in the output window. The other 2 website links open in my existing dashboard window, causing me to have to use the back arrow to re-access my dashboard. Sometimes the back arrow works and sometimes it simply reloads the current webpage. When the back arrow does take me back to my dashboard, my page tabs seem to have lost their links. That is, when I select a page tab it takes me to a different page or back to the previous webpage.

Does that make sense? Has anyone encountered this before or have any suggestions? FYI I am using WebFocus 7.6.8

Thanks

Windows
HTML, PDF
February 03, 2009, 03:49 PM
MORPHEUS
Hi,
You can try to set a launch block window in your dashboard to see if it makes any difference.
Please keep in mind that using the back button in your browser to access the dashboard is not suggested/recommended.
February 03, 2009, 04:06 PM
Francis Mariani
I took a look at the Dashboard behaviour when you first posted this and I think the problem is that when you create the toolbar link, you cannot specify a target page name.

You MAY be able to add JavaScript in the heading frame of the Dashboard View that adds a target name to the anchor links in the toolbar... or ask for a new feature.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
February 03, 2009, 10:57 PM
susannah
VASlim... (virginia?)
repeating my mantra..
write your own frameset, make it the launch block (as Morpheus suggests) of your BID view, and then the frames' content elements and the targetting of those elements is totally under your control.
For a first time poster, you've done a nice job of populating your signature with your site features. kudos, and welcome.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID
February 04, 2009, 08:01 AM
VASlim
Thanks for all the input. I will give the suggestions a try and let you know the outcome.

Windows
HTML, PDF