Focal Point
[CLOSED] More than 1 sink

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/429107462

October 12, 2009, 07:04 AM
ruhan
[CLOSED] More than 1 sink
Does anybody know whether it's possible to configure more than sink machine on a Windows platform? If so, how does one go about it? Running one server 7.6.7 instance.

Thanks
Ruhan

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,
October 12, 2009, 12:27 PM
GamP
As far as I know, it is not possible to configure more than one sink per server instance.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988
October 12, 2009, 01:15 PM
Darin Lee
I don't think so either. What would be the need for that? The purpose of the sink (sync) server is to make sure that writes to the database are under the control of a single process (in a nutshell) to keep from corrupting the database. If there is more than one sink server, that control is lost so it wouldn't do any good anyway.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat
October 12, 2009, 01:16 PM
Darin Lee
I guess they key would be on sink per server instance. Configure another instance of the server and you can configure another sink server. But if both of those are pointing to the same database, you're asking for problems.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat
October 13, 2009, 04:11 AM
ruhan
Thanks

The idea was to route updates to different database/sink combinations as one process can't deal with the volume quickly enough.

We'll make another plan...

Ruhan
October 13, 2009, 04:47 AM
<JG>
The Guys are correct.

On Windows the sink node name MUST be FOCSU01

By definition MUST means "there shall be only one"

If you want more try MVS.