Focal Point
[CLOSED] BIP: How to determine where the content is?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/4307016376

November 19, 2014, 03:18 PM
Francis Mariani
[CLOSED] BIP: How to determine where the content is?
Edit a BIP.

Drag a WebFOCUS Resource into the BIP.

Close the WebFOCUS Resource tree.

How can you determine the location of the resource you dragged into the BIP?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Francis Mariani,

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
November 19, 2014, 04:47 PM
David Briars
Go back into Portal Design Mode.

Hover over the right corner of the panel title, and you will see the resource path.

Pilot: WebFOCUS 8.2.06 Test: WebFOCUS 8.1.05M Prod: WebFOCUS 8.1.05M Server: Windows Server 2016/Tomcat Standalone Workstation: Windows 10/IE11+Edge Database: Oracle 12c, Netezza, & MS SQL Server 2019 Output: AHTML/XLSX/HTML/PDF/JSCHART Tools: WFDS, Repository Content, BI Portal Designer & ReportCaster
November 26, 2014, 03:24 PM
Francis Mariani
So, I must have the panel title bar visible? Most of our portals have that hidden.

I have one particular portal where I can't make it visible - the Portal Design Mode editor does not give me the opportunity to hide/show the panel title bar - it does not switch between the two states...

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
November 26, 2014, 03:54 PM
SSander
Answer to your question is "Yes" title bar must be visible then its possible to see from where the concent is from.

Other option would be as usual to catch FEX path to variable and display it inside html.

Ideal solution would be if you checked the dont show live content checkbox, then istead on "run" buttons it would say from where the fex comes from.

Regards,

Release: WebFOCUS 8104, AppStudio: 8105
Output: HTML,Excel,Active Reports