Focal Point
Upgrade to WebFOCUS 8

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/4337064206

April 20, 2011, 08:28 AM
Raoja
Upgrade to WebFOCUS 8
Hello All,

Can you plz give me some ideas on whata dvantages or newfeatures WebFOCUS8 has over WebFOCUS7611?

We are planning for an upgrade.

We use only WebAdminConsole of WebFOCUSserver and NO tools or IDE(no DevStudio,noHTMLPainteretc.)

So will an upgrade to WebFOCUS8 beu seful with WebConsole only?

Any ideas/suggestions are welcome.

Thanks&Regards
Raoja

7.6.11, Windows
Excel,html,pdf,xml
April 20, 2011, 09:10 AM
Prarie
WebFOCUS 8 has not been released yet...so don't think you will get much comment from the forum. You might try talking to your IBI rep to see whay they can tell you.
April 26, 2011, 08:51 AM
Rigel7
Apparently there is a disconnect between the Sales arm of IBI and the Development branch regarding WebFOCUS 8.

While I appreciate our IBI rep, I'm having a hard time with the mixed messages I am getting regarding WebFOCUS 8, BI Portal, etc.

In the May/June 2011 issue of the WebFOCUS Newsletter, Matthew Lerner has an article regarding the BI Portal (only available in WebFOCUS 8), building upon a "sneak peek" trotted out in 2009.

I guess I'm getting a bid annoyed with 2 years of rah-rah regarding a product release that no one can indicate whether it's imminent, slated for 2011, slated for 2012, or vaporware.

Since upgrading is an often painful event, especially when going to a major release jump such as 7.x to 8.x, we would like to set some concrete resource planning in motion to anticipate where we want to be in the next 2-5 years. The ambiguous and confusing roadmap for WebFOCUS 8 since 2009 is not helping.

I'd appreciate honesty from the reps/product managers and if the release is not imminent, then please back off the hype. It only serves to disappoint.

Dan

WebFOCUS 8.8.05M (Prod)/8.0.09(Sandbox) Windows
July 02, 2013, 02:57 PM
Doug
So, Dan, What has been your experience since your last post on Apr 26 2011? Have you taken the WF8 plunge?