Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Opening a link into a new window

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Opening a link into a new window
 Login/Join

<B_B>
posted
Hi,

I need to open a link which is on an HTML file into a new window.
I have tried doing it using the hyperlink properties like - window = _blank etc.In that case it opens into a new window but says 'Page can not be displayed'.

If i directly copy that link from IE into my HTML file without setting its properties, then it displays all the contents but in the same window.

The whole aim is to display the contents right but, in a seperate window.

Web Focus Version -7.1.4
Thanks,
Bhavna.

Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Try putting 'target=_blank' in the link tag in stead of 'window=_blank'.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
<B_B>
posted
Thnx for your reply. But, i am not coding here....i am only setting the hyperlink properties here using HTML layout painter.

Please sugeest something.

Web Focus Version - 7.1.4

Bhavna.

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
bb, most of us are coders, not gui users, so you need to read the manuals for gui help, i would suggest.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
... and / or get some training! It will help you and your company in the long term.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
I need to open a link which is on an HTML file into a new window.

If you want to open a new link in an html file use a hyperlink.

<a href="http://www.yahoo.com/"
target="_blank">Yahoo Page!</a>

OR

<A href="chapter2.html" target="_blank">chapter two</A>

If you want to open a new link from a .fex follow the steps below.

1. Create a new fex and name it say myhtm.fex
2. Use
-INCLUDE MYHTM
command in your original program
3. In myhtm.fex, use the window.open() method to open a new link in a separate window (refer to MSDN Page for more explanation)

Sample code for myhtm.fex will be something like this:
-HTMLFORM BEGIN
<HTML>
<script>
my_window = window.open('http://www.yahoo.com', 'newwin',
 'resizable=yes, scrollbars=yes, toolbars=yes, location=yes, directories=yes, status=yes, menubar=yes, copyhistory=yes');
</script>
</HTML>
-HTMLFORM END

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ok_dhs,

Prod: WebFOCUS 7.1.3 on Linux Kernel-2.6.5 zSeries 64bit/Apache Tomcat/5.0.28 JAVA version 1.4.2_11 server

Posts: 35 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: May 11, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
ok_dhs,
quote:
But, i am not coding here....i am only setting the hyperlink properties here using HTML layout painter

It might be an idea to read the previous posts first?

T

In FOCUS
since 1986

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
I was just trying to give him an option in case he wanted to make some changes to the code generated by HTML layout painter. Sorry, did not mean to offend you.

Prod: WebFOCUS 7.1.3 on Linux Kernel-2.6.5 zSeries 64bit/Apache Tomcat/5.0.28 JAVA version 1.4.2_11 server

Posts: 35 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: May 11, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
No offense taken, just wanted to point out the the person doesn't appear to be wanting a coding solution Confused

T

In FOCUS
since 1986

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Well, if you're just using the gui to create your hyperlinks and such, it should be sufficient to enter the http:// address in the dialog window.
'Action' should be URL, in the 'Source' field you can type your http address, 'Target type' is window, and 'Target name' is _blank.
As you found, your new window will open with this setting, so that works ok.
If the page can't be opened or found, investigate the url shown in the location of the browser to see if it really is the correct one. Otherwise try some other url that will be found, like www.google.com.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post