Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
FORMAT AnV ISSUE
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
We are installing a new Oracle database release, so when I recreate the MFDs/Synonyms they are getting created with the V, variable indicator. This is causing problems. So,
1. and most importantly
How can I recreate them without the V?
I'm sure this is related to the that stupid code page 438 thing

2. What is the V telling me and why does it cause me proplems? Or point me to where it is documented.

I will continue to search the forum but thought one of you smart people would know the answer quicker

This the current production version

FIELDNAME=STVTERM_CODE, ALIAS=STVTERM_CODE, USAGE=A6, ACTUAL=A6,

This is the new Pre-Prod version

FIELDNAME=STVTERM_CODE, ALIAS=STVTERM_CODE, USAGE=A6V, ACTUAL=A6V,

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Rick Man,

Reporting Server 7.6.10
Dev. Studio 7.6.8
Windows NT
Excel, HTML, PDF

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Rick, take a look at the documentation for iWay Adapter for Oracle in the Adapter Administration for UNIX, Windows, (more OS's here) manual, particularly the "Managing Oracle Metadata" section.

You may find some hints there. For instance:

ENGINE SQLORA SET VARCHAR OFF

Will make your VARCHAR2 fields be mapped as An instead of AnV.

Prod/Dev: WF Server 8008/Win 2008 - WF Client 8008/Win 2008 - Dev. Studio: 8008/Windows 7 - DBMS: Oracle 11g Rel 2
Test: Dev. Studio 8008 /Windows 7 (Local) Output:HTML, EXL2K.

Expert
posted Hide Post
that OFF will totally work,
but in the interim, if you can't change the AnV to AN in the master files, then redefine in your fex any alpha field you have to use.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
This is what I have in my server profile:

SQL SQLORA SET DATETIME OFF
SQL SQLMSS SET DATETIME ON
SQL SQLORA SET VARCHAR OFF
SQL SQLMSS SET VARCHAR OFF
-*SQL SQLORA SET ORACHAR VAR
-* 01/14/2010 R. Mnauszak Changed for Code Page 65001
SQL SQLORA SET ORACHAR FIX
-*SET SYNONYM=BASIC

Reporting Server 7.6.10
Dev. Studio 7.6.8
Windows NT
Excel, HTML, PDF

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I recreated the STVTERM MFD and is still created them as AnV.
Susannah, it is all MFDs. To pervasive to do in a DEFINE.

Reporting Server 7.6.10
Dev. Studio 7.6.8
Windows NT
Excel, HTML, PDF

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
SQL SQLORA SET VARCHAR OFF

Perhaps it means the same, but perhaps no ...

Would you try the syntax I had shown instead just to see if it makes any difference?

ENGINE SQLORA SET VARCHAR OFF

Prod/Dev: WF Server 8008/Win 2008 - WF Client 8008/Win 2008 - Dev. Studio: 8008/Windows 7 - DBMS: Oracle 11g Rel 2
Test: Dev. Studio 8008 /Windows 7 (Local) Output:HTML, EXL2K.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I tried that but got the same results.
I remembered what the problem is: We need NLS set to codepage 65001, but that causes the MFDs to get generated with the AnV format. I needed to change the codepage to 437 English, generate the MFDs and then change it back.

However, I will be upgrading to 7.7.03 shortly and would like to get this fixed. Why does codepage 65001 do that? And why does AnV cause problems? There is something in that that, in this case, causes the term code to come out bad. Rather than 201108 it comes out with the first character weird, then 01108 (I think I'm writing this from memory tonight) anyway it doesn't work.
Any help is appreciated.

Reporting Server 7.6.10
Dev. Studio 7.6.8
Windows NT
Excel, HTML, PDF