Focal Point
[CLOSED] WF fex w/UNIX commands DISABLED

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/4357053776

July 20, 2015, 01:56 PM
Gayle A.
[CLOSED] WF fex w/UNIX commands DISABLED
Hi Everyone,

I have a fex that's been coded for years. We just upgraded to 8.7 and now my UNIX code is being flagged with FOC 9 1569) SYSTEM COMMANDS DISABLED.

I on to my UNIX server and use my WF user id and password, cut & paste the commands (!cat -s and rm) and they work.

Has anyone had the same problem and what did you do to resolve it? Please help!!!

gayle

WF 8.7
Windows 7
IE 9

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WF 7.7.3
Window XP
EXCEL 2010
July 21, 2015, 03:29 AM
Tony A
At the top of your fex, add the line
? OPSYSCMD
to see whether the system commands are disabled as the fex starts. If they are (=OFF) then you now that the setting is within your config, so check the edasprof.prf for that setting.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 
July 21, 2015, 03:49 PM
dhagen
You can enable/disable op system commands based on user or groups. Check your user roles for the defined account. And remember, when you log on via the WFC, you may not have the same privileges as when you log onto the server directly. All of that depends on how your authentication/authorization has been set up.

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott