Focal Point
[CLOSED] Problems passing parameters in WF8

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/4367096966

March 18, 2014, 04:06 PM
Nathaniel
[CLOSED] Problems passing parameters in WF8
I em experiencing an intermittent issue where some parameters I am passing to text areas in a html file will be stripped of leading and trailing quotes. The parameters are supposed to be like 'KSAC' but sometimes will be passed as KSAC causing errors in my WHERE statements. It seems to happen when I am making changes to other parts of the html file, but I am not really sure. For the parameters to get the quotes back I found that closing and reopening Developer Studio does the trick. Not really an ideal solution and a bit of a pain.

Has anyone else experienced a similar issue to this? If so have found what causes this to happen, I imagine I could figure some work around, but it would be nice to know the cause. Maybe some sort of caching in the viewer? Any insight would be appreciated, Thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

7.7.03/8.1.04
Windows, All Outputs
March 19, 2014, 07:42 AM
Tony A
A quick throw-away comment, not sure if it's relevant as you do not give too much info, but ...

Have you tried using &variable.QUOTEDSTRING within your WHERE statement?

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 
March 20, 2014, 04:42 PM
Nathaniel
I am afraid that using QUOTEDSTRING will cause problems when the quotes are actually being passed like I want.

The reason that I need to pass the quotes is because I am passing parameters like 'var1' OR 'var2'. I have a pre-fex running on an html 'menu' page that is passing variables that are used to filter the reports according to what the user should see. Some of the users need to have access to multiple areas and I need multiple variables passed to the WHERE condition.

This was working well in WF7 and for the most part in WF8, but the fact that now while I am making changes to the html page the quotes are (seemingly) randomly being stripped is somewhat disconcerting.

Maybe I am trying to approach this the wrong way? I appreciate the help.

7.7.03/8.1.04
Windows, All Outputs