Focal Point
Visual Discovery - Parabox Issues

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/4381028242

August 20, 2007, 09:05 AM
Jenn McMaster
Visual Discovery - Parabox Issues
Is anyone using Visual Discovery & the Parabox? I have having a problemw here the bubbles in the parabox are only showing up as an outline instead of the full 3d looking bubble when more than one Visual Discovery page is open. I am also seeing set SetPixel errors and the whole thing crashes if you open a Visual Discovery page up in a new window and then open one up in a Tab off of the BID. Anyone have any suggestions?

WF 7.1.4
Windows 2003
August 21, 2007, 12:09 PM
Kerry
Hi Jenn,

I checked with product manager and was recommended that this should be a case opened with Information Builders' Customer Support Services, and a reproduction of the issues is needed to open the case.

You may either call at 1-800-736-6130, or access online InfoResponse.

Hope this helps. Smiler

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.
August 22, 2007, 09:19 AM
Jenn McMaster
I already have a case open for this and I haven't gotten any response yet. I am getting a little desperate since we need to have this working by the end of the week.

WF 7.1.4
Windows 2003
August 22, 2007, 12:56 PM
dhagen
Can you reduce the amount of data or the number of columns in the parabox. I've always had your problem above with parabox's with high amounts of data. I still use them and find them valuable, but I consolidate the data at a higher level to reduce that amount being consumed.

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott
August 22, 2007, 01:21 PM
Jenn McMaster
Is it that there is too many records in the data file that I am loading into the parabox?

WF 7.1.4
Windows 2003
August 22, 2007, 01:41 PM
dhagen
That would be my guess.

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott
August 04, 2009, 04:11 PM
Gerard Cabunoc
I have the same problem. The bubbles in the parabox will most of the time show only the outlines, even if I limit to a very few number of records.
Has anyone discovered a solution? Thanks!

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows 2000 Server, Windows XP
Output: HTML, XLS, PDF, Delimited Flat File
August 04, 2009, 04:27 PM
jodye
I have seen the exact same problem. Sometimes the bubbles are filled in and sometimes the bubbles are outlines only. Does not seem to be related to the size of the data or anything else.

WF 8.0.0.5M