Focal Point
[CLOSED] Central storage of temporary results?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/4437045295

October 28, 2010, 11:37 AM
Wep5622
[CLOSED] Central storage of temporary results?
We're in the process of splitting up our single test-server into a number of development servers (as you may have noticed from some other threads I started). A new hurdle has entered our horizon...

In our current situation we have several focus executables that are run nightly and generate aggregated data-sets of our various data sources into hold files for use in other focus procedures. Some of these hold files are quite large, several are quite intensive on said databases. There are some that take the larger part of the night to run.

For these reasons it seems inadvisable to generate those files anew on each development server. Is there some way to access those files directly from our (possibly remote) test-server?

I realise that changes to the procedures that generate those files would invalidate those focus databases for that specific development environment, but changes to these files are pretty rare.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 8.1.03, Windows 7-64/2008-64, IBM DB2/400, Oracle 11g & RDB, MS SQL-Server 2005, SAP, PostgreSQL 11, Output: HTML, PDF, Excel 2010
: Member of User Group Benelux :
October 28, 2010, 11:40 AM
Francis Mariani
Can the development servers map drives to each other? If so, generate the files on one server, then, on each server, APP MAP to the folder on the mapped drive.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
October 28, 2010, 05:04 PM
Waz
Alternatively, a WebFOCUS server can access another WebFOCUS server, if appropriate ports are open.

A synonym can be created that points to the data soruce on the other server.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!