Focal Point
WF 8.0.08 Change Management Export/Import - With Subtree option

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/4447094476

January 29, 2015, 11:59 AM
Francis Mariani
WF 8.0.08 Change Management Export/Import - With Subtree option
In the source environment, I created a package for one fex that is located in a folder that does not exist in the target environment. I ran the import process in the target environment and got this error: Item parent folder does not exist

Back in the source environment, I'm trying to edit the export package by adding the folder. I want to add the folder the structure that the one fex is in - without adding all the fexes in the folder. So, I add the main folder, and uncheck the "With Subtree" checkbox. I assume this means to create the folder upon import. Now, all the fexes within the sub-folders are not available for selection - they're all struck through. It seems to me that this means all fexes will be added to the export package. In the Explorer, checking/unchecking "With Subtree" makes no difference to the appearance of the items within the folder.

Any ideas?

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
January 30, 2015, 07:52 AM
CLH
Hi,

No solution but we did open a case for the parent folder not existing problem and they are looking at it.

It's annoying and we have ended up with items that we did not want in our QA environment and had to go back and delete them.

Webfocus 8.0.7 on Windows
January 30, 2015, 10:42 AM
Francis Mariani
Fantastic.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
January 30, 2015, 11:38 AM
TomS.
We had this issue as well. It first came to light because we had our server node names different in each environment(don't ask me why).

We opened a case with IBI and put in a NFR to have more 'manipulation' capabilities in the CM GUI.

Our way around this was a simple fix. Go into your export folder and edit the export files repos.xml and repostree.xml. Just need to edit the path to where you want it in your target environment.

WebFOCUS 8.0.07 and 8.2.01M
UNIX, WINDOWS, ORACLE
PDF, CSV, Excel, TXT, XML, HTML