Focal Point
[SOLVED] How to determine account name on Windows WebFOCUS?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/44710866

April 01, 2009, 10:29 AM
JDroke
[SOLVED] How to determine account name on Windows WebFOCUS?
How do you determine what account name is being used by WebFOCUS on the web server and on the reporting server?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JDroke,

________________________________________________________________________________________
WebFOCUS 7.6.8 + Windows Server 2003 + DB2/400
April 01, 2009, 11:05 AM
GamP
You can do that only when the webserver is secure. You can then use the REMOTE_USER http variable, which will contain the webserver username. It is a standard so-called cgi variable that you can assign to a webfocus & var through coding it in the site.wfs file. This info can be found in the Webfocus Security and Administration guide. Look up this document and you'll have all information on security and user id's and such that you'll ever need.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988
April 01, 2009, 12:13 PM
JDroke
Let me rephrase my question...

This relates to my other post where I am running a fex that shows a picture from another image server (Buffalo drive) which is secured. It will show the picture with all of the security turned off on the Buffalo drive but won't with the security turned on. So I am trying to figure out which account is being used by WebFOCUS on the reporting and/or web server to pull in the photos when I run the fex.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JDroke,

________________________________________________________________________________________
April 01, 2009, 03:52 PM
GamP
That would then be the webfocus reporting server, not the webserver. The reporting server is creating the report, and since the pictures need to be on the app path, the reporting server is trying to get the files. The account that it will use is dependant on the way the server runs. If it runs secure it will use the id of the user that runs the request. If the server is not secure, it will use the account with which it got started, usually the local system account. This is valid when you pull in the picture with unc naming.

If you use the net use command to access the network share, you can specify a username and password with that command. The syntax of the command is something like: NET USE X: password \\server\share /user:domain/username (do a net use help for the complete info). Using this method YOU control which username/password to use. Draw back, is that the password is in plain text, thus readable for everyone who has access to the fex.

Hope this helps ...

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988
April 02, 2009, 07:44 AM
JDroke
Thanks GamP - that was exactly what I needed to know. Also, thanks for all of the other advice and help.