Focal Point
USS Printing from WebFocus

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/4491009331

October 21, 2005, 07:28 PM
<sdavis>
USS Printing from WebFocus
I am trying to create a way to run a report in WebFocus and use our USS printing(Depcon) on the IBM mainframe to direct my reports. I am trying to come up with the concept of write once and read many so that our users can run a WebFocus report and direct the report to Depcon so that the users can view the results of the report as many times as they want without running it again in WebFocus. Has anyone came close to implementing this solution?
October 21, 2005, 07:37 PM
Leah
We have that very issue in our environment for printed output we only do it through report caster though in our production world. An LPR was defined, a printer distribution list was pointing to our mainframe definition area, we go through a quemaster type device so we had to put special header pages on our output. When our admin gets back could send more detaisl. Not familiar with depcon.

The biggest drawback I see to what they've done in the new WebFOCUS world is that they went to ip addressing for their printed output and not supporting a print queue, that was the biggest drawback slowing us from moving off 4.3.6. I even complained to Jerry on that one.