Focal Point
Images on Maintain form only show placeholder

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/4501065632

July 11, 2007, 06:35 PM
brad-s
Images on Maintain form only show placeholder
I have maintain forms with images

The image property of the path is the deployed folder and the images are in the deployment scenario.

And that worked....for me on my local PC.

I simply copied the deployed files to a separate local machine with the same app - same folders.
But on that other local PC, the images do not show up, only the placeholders.

Is there something we are not doing or is there some type of IE security setting that we are not setting??

Brad S

Brad S.
WF 8.05 / Win7 /Tomcat Self Serve
July 12, 2007, 04:34 AM
Alan B
An image in maintain is deployed relative to approot, a virtual set up in your server. It is not set up relative to the location of the maintain, which is what you are expecting.

Ensure that you have approot set up and pointing to the same directories as your local PC.

By right clicking the image place holder and looking at properties, you will see the path that is expected.

This is why there are deployment scenarios, to ratify path differentials from where you develop to where you run, and that should be the approach you take.

(Please update your signature to include release, platform and usage so we have a good idea on what to advise)

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007
July 12, 2007, 07:50 AM
brad-s
Thanks for the info.

When I right-click on properties of the placeholder, it does shows the subdirectory where the image is resident, which is where all the other WF and app programs are also located.

(I updated my signature and hopefully it shows up)

Brad S.
July 12, 2007, 08:04 AM
Alan B
Does that mean you are now seeing the image?

When you run the maintain, you are running from a PATH within WF. External resources are accessed outside WF using the url.

Can you view the image in the browser using the url from the properties?

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007
July 12, 2007, 09:06 AM
brad-s
Solved:

It was a case sensitive issue.
Deployed from an approot with folder: " files "

Copied and run from
an approot with folder: " Files "

When swithced to lower case " files " it worked.

Tomcat is very case sensitive about everything.

Brad S.