Focal Point
[CLOSED] How to change the Default Processing for No Report to Distribute in RC

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/4547081816

March 23, 2012, 08:58 AM
Doug
[CLOSED] How to change the Default Processing for No Report to Distribute in RC
Here's the set-up:

1) I have a "chain" of RC jobs being processed, executed via a system scheduler (OpCon).

2) This consists of two groups of jobs, 41 in all, which needs to inform the on-call staff of when the chain starts and when it ends.

3) Notifications:
3a) I have the notifications set to "Always" for the first and last jobs, with a subject line of "Job chain started"
3b) I have the notifications set to "On Error" for the other jobs, with a subject line of "Job chain ended"

The Problem:

4) I get the same notification for the first and last job REGARDLESS of the completion status.

The Solution: (still looking on how to do this)

5) Alter the subject line of these two notifications or get RC to be able to send emails based on the return code / completion status.

I do know that the completion status is in both the brief and full notifications. But, that's not enough when you're woken up during the night with these notifications (you would need to open the notification and read it rather than just seeing the status in the subject line.

Is it time for a NFR?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

In FOCUS Since 1983 ~ from FOCUS to WebFOCUS.
   Current: WebFOCUS Administrator at FIS Worldpay | 8204, 8206
March 30, 2012, 12:24 PM
Kerry
Hi Doug,

I checked with our expert and was suggested that, there may be some semi-complicated sequence to do what you want, so if you have not done so, please open a case with Customer Support Services so that we can work with you. The phone number is 1-800-736-6130, or InfoResponse.

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.
April 01, 2012, 11:50 AM
ABT
Doug,
I know you're looking for something inbuilt because it *should* be able to do this, but what about rolling your own?

I'm thinking like a jobs table and a status table. Jobs table contains what "should" run as part of the nightly processing stream, status table contains what did run (runid, when ran, for how long, who, # of records, etc).

Hourly status job can compare the 2 and use EDAMail to alert upon issues.

-ABT

------------------------------------
WF Environment:
Server/Client, ReportCaster, Dev Studio: 7.6.11
Resource Analyzer, Resource Governor, Library, Maintain, InfoAssist
Application/Web Server: Tomcat 5.5.25
Java: JDK 1.6.0_03
Authentication: LDAP, MRREALM Driver
Output: PDF, EXL2K, HTM

Databases:
Oracle 10g
DB2 (AS/400)
MSSQL Server 2005
Access/FoxPro
April 03, 2012, 10:36 AM
Doug
Thanks ABT and Kerry,

That may be too complex to add in to this project, too late in the game to add more procedures.

I'll go with the "Open a Case with IB" about this and, probably, ask for a NFR.

I'll bring this to the Expert Room at Summit...

In FOCUS Since 1983 ~ from FOCUS to WebFOCUS.
   Current: WebFOCUS Administrator at FIS Worldpay | 8204, 8206