Focal Point
[CLOSED] Edaserver installation

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/456109571

July 09, 2009, 12:47 PM
george!!
[CLOSED] Edaserver installation
We just finished our edaserver installation for WebFOCUS 716. We tried to start the server and we get the following message:

Starting Workspace Manager in ""
Logging startup progress and errors in "... edaprint.log"
Killed

The edaprint.log file is not being created.
Any ideas?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Webfocus 7.1.6,
Solaris
July 09, 2009, 01:05 PM
Darin Lee
The edaprint.log is a log of the server actions so I don't think it would be created if the server is never able to start successfully. There is a command line option to turn on traces so that may give you a better idea of what the problem might be. There are a number of issues that could cause the problem including improper privileges on files/directories, or using the wrong userid/account to start the server, among others. I'm not a Solaris expert - someone else out there might have a better idea for your platform.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat
July 09, 2009, 02:03 PM
george!!
Thanks..
I also see that when i see te agents in the server using edastart - show, it throwa the following error:

Workspace Manager is not running

Webfocus 7.1.6,
Solaris
July 09, 2009, 02:12 PM
Darin Lee
That isn't really an error. The purpose of edastart -show is to show the status of the server. And "Workspace Manager is not running" is the status, meaning that the server is not up.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat
July 10, 2009, 07:26 AM
GamP
It should not ever be that the start of the server tells you that it is starting in '' (nothing defined). Which is also probably why it killed itself.
That means that there is a serious problem with the configuration. the edastart file should contain the path to the tscom300 executable as well as the path to the workspace directory.
On PC it looks like:
C:\ibi\srv76\home\bin\tscom300.exe -edaconf C:\ibi\srv76\wfs %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7
And on Solaris (or any other unix) it should like very much like that.
So check your edastart file. Also check if the edaserve.cfg file is present and contains the correct information. This file only gets into the picture if the edastart file points to the correct dir for its configuration.
From the description you gave, it seems that the path to the tscomm300 exe has correctly been set, but that the path for edaconf is incorrect or missing.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988