Focal Point
[CLOSED] [Solved]How is an EX command executed

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/4567089036

May 22, 2013, 11:42 AM
Tim P.
[CLOSED] [Solved]How is an EX command executed
Hey guys:
We have a load driver that creates a couple of permanent hold files for us. We are using the EX command:

EX app/this file.fex
-RUN

EX app/that file.fex
-RUN

Now the file names above are not actually called that before anyone asks haha, just an example. Each one of those files is a permanent hold file and some can rely on each other but only in sequence which leads me to my question...

I wanted to know if doing a load driver like this, does the EX command execute these files sequentially or in parrallel?

Thanks for the help.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.02
Windows 7, All Outputs
May 22, 2013, 01:02 PM
Alan B
Always sequentially. Basically a procedure (focexec) is parsed. Dialogue Manager commands are run immediately, non-Dialogue Manager commands are sent to an area referred to as a Focstack. A -RUN, -EXIT or end of procedures causes the commands in the Focstack to run and the parsing stops until the command(s) is/are complete. Then the procedure parser moves on.

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007
May 22, 2013, 01:36 PM
Doug
You can always do an "existance check" where "app/that file.fex" checks for the existance of the files which it is expecting / which should have been created in "app/this file.fex" before continuing or gracefully exit if they are not there.