Focal Point
Setting Output Filename in ReportCaster

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/4571028331

January 21, 2005, 03:03 PM
bchinnap
Setting Output Filename in ReportCaster
I'm using WebFOCUS 4.3.6 and trying to set the output filename of a report emailed via Report Caster. Currently, all the emailed report files have the same name (e.g. hold.xls, hold.pdf,etc.). The report caster tool does not have that option. Is it possible to do that through the report code ?
January 21, 2005, 03:49 PM
<WFUser>
Upgrade. This feature is available in 5.2 and 5.3.
January 21, 2005, 05:43 PM
bchinnap
We are few months away from that. Is there an alternative ?
January 28, 2005, 02:15 PM
jodye
Hi

Don't know if you want this kind of solution, but one thing you could do is manipulate the data in the table BOTTASK. You can use SQL Passthrough or some other method to set the value of "ASVALUE".

Also, I don't know if this is available in your version. But you might want to take a look.
January 28, 2005, 02:24 PM
bchinnap
Hi jodye,
We use WebFOCUS 4.3.6 and I would like to try your suggestion, but I am new to WebFOCUS and not familiar with this technique. Can you please explain with sample code ?

Thanks !
January 28, 2005, 07:59 PM
FliPPeR
I'm using Web Focus 5.2.5 and I would like to be able to add a timestamp to the filename, is it possible?

Right now I can choose the filename but it's static, it would be nice to have reportA_20050128.pdf
January 28, 2005, 10:24 PM
jodye
Hi Flipper

I asked IBI exactly that question last week. Yes and no. I have a case open about this. It is a new feature request. So there is no easy way to do it.

However... I am accomplishing exactly this by doing it in SQL Server with a Package that runs every midnight and updates "ASVALUE" field in BOTTASK to today's date (FILENAME_YYYYMMDD.XLS). We have many work arounds like that.

bchinnap, you need to look at the caster repository. Look at the table called BOTTASK. Do you have a field called "asvalue"? If not, and you don't have the option for "save report as" in your version then perhaps there is no way to do it.